- Maintain Inventory
- Manage Volunteers during practices and games
- Work with Blast Director in support of Baldwin Blast
Board Meetings are scheduled quarterly and on an as-needed basis. All meetings will be placed on the Club Calendar.
|August 12, 2019||Registration/Mill Pond Restoration/Future Plans||Meeting Notes|
|February 18, 2019||Registration/Open House||Meeting Notes|
|October 22, 2018||Registration/Winter Soccer||Meeting Notes|
|May 30, 2018||Baldwin Blast/Sporting St. Croix||Meeting Notes|
|December 19, 2017||Mailer/Marketing||Meeting Notes|
|September 18, 2017||Year-end review/Marketing||Meeting Notes|
|March 21, 2017||Registration/Season Planning||Meeting Notes|
|December 15, 2016||Post-Season Review – Season preview||Meeting Notes|
|April 14, 2016||Pre-Season Meeting||Meeting Notes|
|January 14, 2016||Annual Review||Meeting Notes|
|September 10, 2015||Meeting Notes|
|July 9, 2015||Meeting Notes|
|5/30/18||Blast/Sporting St. Croix||Notes|
As described below, Board members must possess certain personal characteristics and perform certain responsibilities and duties. There are many ways for members to contribute to the success of our Club without being a board member. If you are not currently in a position to meet these requirements, but would like to become more involved with the Club, please contact us at [email protected] about some of the many other ways that you can contribute.
The Board is responsible for the overall governance of the Club. Blackhawk.Soccer Board members are expected to be “working” Directors, which means that, in addition to providing leadership and strategic direction to the Club, each Board member is expected to devote significant time and effort to plan, manage and administer programs and activities of the Club. The more general duties of the Board include: developing, implementing, and, as needed, amending the Club’s long-term plans; setting the general and financial direction; selecting, supporting, evaluating, and supporting Club personnel and volunteers; and providing financial direction and oversight. Directors should be capable of making and prepared to make a sustained contribution to the Club.
As a coach for U10, U12, U14 and U19 you would create practice plans, conduct practices and manage games. Blackhawk.soccer supports coaches by offering training, practice plans and mentoring. Head coaches are also offered registration reimbursement. See Coaches Corner for more information.
As an assistant coach for U10, U12, U14 and U19 you would assist the head coach with the creation of practice plans, conducting practices and managing games. Blackhawk.soccer supports coaches by offering training, practice plans and mentoring. See Coaches Corner for more information.
The U6 and U8 Head Coach/Coordinator would be responsible for creating practice plans, managing the coaching staff and running practices. Blackhawk.soccer supports coaches by offering training, practice plans and mentoring. U6 and U8 Coaching Coordinators are offered registration reimbursement. See Coaches Corner for more information.
The U6 – U8 coaches will be responsible for implementing the provided practice plans during practices. As we are always lacking in coaches, U12+ players are encouraged to assist with U6 and U8 practices. We would love have more parents get involved so that the need for older players would diminish over time. Blackhawk.soccer supports coaches by offering training, practice plans and mentoring. See Coaches Corner for more information.
- Preside over all Board meetings
- Official spokesperson for the Blackhawk.Soccer.
- Oversees functions of other Board members and all contracts authorized by the Board.
- Recruit both coaches and administrative volunteers.
- Assist with tasks not covered by balance of volunteers.
- Work towards increasing participation in the club
- Leadership for marketing and club branding
- D9 Representative
- meetings 2 times a year in Rice Lake (usually October and Jan/Feb)
- Other Board members can take turns
- Ordering shin guards and balls for open house
- Work with league for game scheduling
- Manage number of teams at all levels
- Obtain referees for season
- Manage relationship with HS teams and coaches
- Supports President in all administrative tasks to prepare to be President
- Volunteer Coordinator – obtain and manage needed non-coaching volunteers and assist Development with obtaining coaching volunteers
- Maintains Blackhawk.Soccer financial records
- Pays bills in timely manner
- Insures taxes are filed
- Insures Insurance coverage is obtained
- Presents budget updates to Board
- Keeps an accurate record of the proceedings and policy decisions of all scheduled Blackhawk.Soccer meetings
- In change of [email protected]wk.soccer on onedrive
- Maintain Website
- Work with Board Members keep content current
- Responsible for obtaining coaches
- Mentoring and grooming coaches through growing skills through available training
- Manage and mentor team and age group practice planning
- Responsible for creation and management of mission and vision of player growth
- Responsible for Demosphere and registration process
- Assign players/coaches to teams (pool play for U6 and U8)
- Access to Demosphere – club communications
- Able to add News Items to website – cancelled practices, etc.
- Manage Social Media
- Plan Picture day – usually ordered during winter for Mid May
- Backup for data on onedrive ([email protected] )
- Marketing to all areas
- Ordering Shirts from River Valley Sports and Challenger Sports
- Managing club sports apparel with Branding Wearhouse
- Work with Registrar to obtain yearly uniform needs
- Manage distribution of uniforms
- Manage uniform inventory
- Find teams
- Work with Concessions
- Schedule games
- Schedule Referees
- Tournament Director – day of tournament
- Manage VolunteerSpot for all needed volunteers for food and working.
- Ordering trophies medals (medals for U10/U12 for first) Trophies for top 2, 3 or 4 depending on the number of teams (trophydepot.com in the past)
- Printing schedule for display at fields
- Manage initial setup of fields every season
- Manage all field lining
- Work with HS to maintain paint levels
- Maintain lining machine
- Manage Corner Flags and Nets
- Responsible for end-of-season maintenance (storing nets, etc.)